Delta Systems previews Tech Tractor
While at GIE+EXPO 2017, Delta Systems, a manufacturer of switches, displays and controls for outdoor power equipment (OPE), offered attendees a virtual reality experience to preview the company’s new “Tech Tractor,” a zero-turn riding mower equipped with its next generation innovations.
Several of Delta’s updated technologies include:
- Advanced touch screen display: A 4.3-inch touch screen that gathers real-time equipment information. It’s fully customizable to track battery status, maintenance reminders/alerts, diagnostics and more to aid in preventative equipment maintenance.
- Backup camera: A rearview camera provides better visualization.
- Object detection: Rear object detection warns operators through audible and/or visual distance-based alerts.
- Power inverter: Portable power outlet for Riding Lawn Equipment and Off Road Vehicles provides remote and safe electrical power for anything from smart phones to power tools to work lights.
- Push button ignition: A push-to-start and stop ignition simplifies start time, and its sealed design keeps out the elements.
- Sealed universal power take-off: Sealed design protects the internal mechanisms of the switch from dust, debris, grass, rain and other conditions
“In many ways, customers today have similar expectations of their riding mowers as they do for their cars,” said Michelle Specht, Delta product marketing manager. “They want reliability, usefulness and ease. And they want to feel safe and comfortable. Delta designs OPE products to meet these evolving expectations and give customers truly differentiated experiences.”
Delta’s new product designs will be ready for customer testing in spring 2018, with these products available for OPE manufacturers in fall 2018.