Delta’s seat switches are utilized to sense operator presence; when a seated operator compresses the seat foam, the switch is actuated. The electromechanical switches are available in bolt-mount and twist-lock mount styles and are offered in single-pole and double-pole circuit configurations. Seat safety switches are easy to integrate into your application, and they are corrosion and chemical-resistant to extend switch life in harsh surroundings.
series sensor switches have an extended mechanical life cycle for maximum performance. The solid-state switch provides diagnostic feedback to your controller so that short circuits, unplugged connectors or other fault conditions can be detected. This is accomplished with simple, very low cost controller input circuitry. The switch sources current at one of two discrete levels depending upon the switch's state. Levels outside of these ranges are then interpreted as faults. OptiLIFETM
switches are highly reliable and designed for the most rugged environments.
Typical applications include: construction equipment, material handling equipment, outdoor power equipment, forklifts, rental equipment, agricultural equipment, ATV's, UTV's and other applications where operator presence is necessary.
optiLIFE™ Series Seat Switches
- INPUT POWER REQUIREMENT: 9-24 VDC, 50mA maximum
- OPERATING FORCE: 0.5-3.0 lbs to cause a change of electrical state
- MECHANICAL LIFE: 1,000,000 cycles
- OUTPUT SIGNAL: 5 to 6.9 mA when switch is actuated (operator present), 12 to 17 mA when switch is at rest (ground, operator not present)
- SWITCH PRE-TRAVEL: 0.1" to 0.200" to cause a change in the output signal
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: -30ºC to +80ºC
- TERMINATION: Deutsch 3-way, weather-resistant connector is standard
Delton, UV-stable, fuel-resistant thermoplastic
- Sealed, solid-state circuitry
- Designed to be highly reliable in rugged environments
- Over-voltage and reverse polarity protected
- UV stable and fuel resistant
- Field and lab-tested for salt-fog, dust, vibration, water spray and chemical resistance
Standard Seat Switches
- ELECTRICAL RATING: 3A @ 12-14 VDC
- LIFE AT RATED LOAD: 10,000 cycles inductive, 75,000 cycles resistive
- MECHANICAL LIFE: 300,000 cycles
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: -20ºF to 150ºF
- CONNECTION EFFORT: Up to 10 lbs. per terminal
- OPERATING FORCE: See print
- SWITCH HOUSING AND PLUNGER: Delton, UV-stable, fuel-resistant thermoplastic.
- TERMINALS: Nickel-plated brass
- Wiping-action internal contacts are self-cleaning to prevent carbon build-up and increase life.
- Needs no fasteners, thereby reducing inventory.
- Features a large operating surface with a short pre-travel and greater over-travel, minimizing unintentional system interruption.
- Unique shorting connector feature automatically shorts the circuit when the connector is disconnected from the switch.
- Each switch is function-tested after assembly.
- Field and lab-tested for salt fog, dust, vibration, water spray, and chemical resistance.
or call us at 330-626-2811 to enhance your products today.
Information on the product spec prints takes precedence over information on the website.